At Museum Smiles, Dr. Sheri Audu is proud to be able to offer a variety of dental restorations to suit the individual needs of her Fort Worth patients. After thorough examination and precise diagnosis, Dr. Audu can recommend a host of treatment options to repair one or more teeth.
The Right Solution for You: A Porcelain Crown or Bridge
A crown (or cap) is a restoration solution for people who have lost a significant portion of tooth structure. In some cases, a crown may be the best solution for retaining as much of a natural tooth as possible. Crowns can be placed independently or used to secure a dental bridge.
Crowns and bridges are both considered prosthetic dental solutions that can treat any of the following oral health problems:
- There isn’t significant remaining tooth structure.
- A weak or fractured tooth needs protection.
- A fractured or broken tooth needs restoration.
- Correcting a discolored or poorly-shaped tooth.
- Covering a tooth that has recently undergone root canal treatment.
How Is a Dental Bridge Different from a Dental Crown?
A dental bridge is a more significant prosthetic than a single crown. Our dentist may recommend this solution to address one or more missing teeth. This may be necessary because gaps left by missing teeth may cause the remaining teeth to shift or weaken. Bridges are designed to look appealing while restoring proper dental function.
Like crowns, bridges are fully customizable and available in various materials or porcelain. Although not as permanent as a cap, bridges are bonded to the surrounding teeth and only removable by your dentist.
Both crowns and bridges are created to match the color, height, texture and overall appearance of your natural teeth. Most crowns and bridges will last a lifetime, which eliminates the need to replace them unless they fall out or become loose. You may prolong the durability of your crowns and bridges by practicing great oral hygiene and visiting the dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
- "Can’t thank Dr. Audu enough. She goes above and beyond. Honest, kind, patient and caring, believe me you want to make this your dentist! Also the staff is great and very welcoming. I’m happy I found this place." - Z.C.
- "An exceptional experience from the greeting to the procedure, and then to post procedure. All around great and I highly recommend this place for all dental work." - D.J.
- "Wonderful staff and very professional. Dr Audu is very compassionate and listened to some things that I had been through in life before we started. She’s very upfront with you and explains exactly what she will be doing and pricing. Best dentist I’ve ever had and sending my family to her. She did a great job and makes you feel very comfortable. Thanks Dr Audu!!" - D.K.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
When you need a Fort Worth dentist who can thoroughly evaluate the state of your oral health and then make recommendations for appropriate dental restorations, please contact Museum Smiles online or by telephone to schedule an appointment with Dr. Audu: 817-870-5099.