What are Dentures?
Dentures and partials are a transitional option for patients who are already living with a missing tooth or several missing teeth. They are also an effective restoration option for patients who have had one or more teeth extracted.
Dentures vs. Dental Implants
Full or partial dentures may be a fast, affordable solution for patients who may not be ready to undergo the oral surgery required for a more permanent dental implant.
If you need dentures or a partial, find out why our Fort Worth dentist was recently voted the best in the city by readers of Fort Worth Weekly. Please contact Museum Smiles online or by telephone today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Audu: 817-870-5099.
Is a Denture the Right Solution for You?
Tooth loss continues to be an ongoing problem for Americans. According to the National Institutes of Health, roughly a quarter of adults in the U.S. age 20 to 64 are faced with a missing tooth at some time in their lives. Tooth loss is especially prevalent among people of color, chronic smokers and lower-income populations.
Fortunately, our dentist can recommend a number of corrective options for people who have one or more missing teeth. Removable dentures are considered one of the most versatile solutions for these patients.
- Full Dentures cover a complete set of upper and lower teeth, and rely on suction to stay in place. They are pliable, which makes them easier to wear and care for. But they also may be susceptible to shrinkage. Patients who receive full dentures should plan on regular visits with Dr. Audu to ensure their continued fit and function.
- Partial Dentures replace only a limited number of teeth as opposed to an entire set. Partial dentures are a single piece that is supported by a patient’ remaining teeth and gums. They tend to be more secure and comfortable than full dentures.
- Cosmetic Dentures are made to look as natural as possible. Unlike standard dentures that use a heat curing process, cosmetic dentures are made from acrylic, which eliminates the possibility of shrinking and warping.
Advantages of Dentures
Today’s dentures are more comfortable, durable and manageable than what has been available in the past. Advanced dentistry tools and techniques like those employed by our Fort Worth dentist also enable your dentures or partial to have a perfect fit.
Customizing Your Treatment
When you visit our Fort Worth office, Dr. Audu will thoroughly evaluate the state of your oral health and make treatment recommendations individualized to your tooth replacement needs. This may include dentures and partials, as well as restoration options such as dental crowns, bridges and more.
- "Can’t thank Dr. Audu enough. She goes above and beyond. Honest, kind, patient and caring, believe me you want to make this your dentist! Also the staff is great and very welcoming. I’m happy I found this place." - Z.C.
- "Wonderful staff and very professional. Dr Audu is very compassionate and listened to some things that I had been through in life before we started. She’s very upfront with you and explains exactly what she will be doing and pricing. Best dentist I’ve ever had and sending my family to her. She did a great job and makes you feel very comfortable. Thanks Dr. Audu!!" - D.K.
- "Dr. Audu and staff are phenomenal! The office has a very warm/cozy feel, along with state of the art technology. Both Dr. Audu and staff are very friendly, yet knowledgeable about their respective duties when it comes to taking care of their patients. I can't wait to go back for my next appointment! Excellent! 5 out of 5 stars :) I highly recommend Museum Smiles for anyone needing exceptional dental care!" - E.G.